William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program awards are processed through the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Operational communications and guidance, technical documents, and related information specific to the Direct Loan Program and the processing of Direct Loan awards through the COD System are provided on this page. Electronic Announcements about Direct Loans are available below. Related resource information is available on the right side of this page.
To access the COD System page, click here.
To access the Grants page, click here.
To access the EDESuite page, click here.
- 05/27/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 05/19/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 05/19/2016 - (COD System) Subject: Internet Explorer 9 and 10 Browser Support Ending on COD, StudentLoans.gov and TEACH Grant Web Sites
- 05/19/2016 - (General) Subject: Memorial Day Federal Holiday Processing and Customer Service Hours
- 05/13/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 05/13/2016 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Interest Rates for Direct Loans First Disbursed between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017
- 05/13/2016 - (EDESuite) Subject: Issue Alert: EDExpress 2016-2017, Release 2.0 Update Available to Resolve Issue with Summary Information in Direct Loan Disbursement Lists
- 05/13/2016 - (General) Subject: Messaging for Student Loan Borrowers Leaving School
- 05/13/2016 - (General) Subject: 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit: Electronic Announcement #22 - Important Reminders About Program-Level Enrollment Reporting to NSLDS
- 05/11/2016 - (Direct Loans) Subject: 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit: Electronic Announcement #21 - Common Subsidized Loan Limit Usage Inquiries
- 05/06/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 05/05/2016 - (Direct Loans) Subject: Record Submission Due Date for 2014-2015 Direct Loan Program Year Closeout
- 04/29/2016 - (EDESuite) Subject: Availability of EDExpress for Windows 2016-2017, Release 2.0
- 04/29/2016 - (COD System) Subject: COD Processing Update
- 04/29/2016 - (General) Subject: Repayment Information Tool Added to StudentLoans.gov Web Site
Direct Loan Processing Information
Links to information about Direct Loan processing
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes
New Direct Loan Schools
Links to information for potential and new Direct Loan schools
Sample MPNs and Communications
Links to information for foreign schools
Links to information for default prevention
Links to COD System computer-based training