Federal Student Aid - IFAP
   
PublicationDate: 4/1/2000
AwardYear: 2000-2001
PubType: Notification of Campus-Based Awards
FISAPPart:
NotificationsSubject: Notification to Members of Congress Regarding P.L. 89-329 The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended



DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
WASHINGTON, D. C. 20202


CAMPUS –BASED PROGRAMS
REPORT NO. 2001-1
APRIL 1, 2000

Notification to Members of Congress
Regarding P.L. 89-329 The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended

APPROVAL OF AWARDS TO INSTITUTIONS PARTICIPATING IN THE FEDERAL WORK-STUDY, FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY GRANT, AND FEDERAL PERKINS LOAN PROGRAMS

Awards to institutions listed on the following pages have been approved for the Federal Work- Study (FWS), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Federal Perkins Loan Programs, authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, for Award Period July 1, 2000 through June 30, 2001. The format of this notification schedule identifies: 1) the name and address of the institution; 2) the amount of the awards for the Federal Perkins Loan Federal share, the FSEOG Federal share and the FWS Federal share; 3) the estimated number of student borrowers in the Federal Perkins Loan Program, the estimated number of student awards for the FSEOG Program and the estimated number of students to be employed under the FWS Program for this award period; and 4) the authorized Federal Perkins Loan Level of expenditures.

FEDERAL WORK-STUDY PROGRAM


Federal funds will provide 75 percent of student payrolls, and a matching college, university or off-campus agency contribution will generally provide the remaining 25 percent, except that the Federal share of earned compensation for employment in private sector for profit jobs may not exceed 50 percent. This schedule contains approval of a total of 3,299 institutional recipients which are estimated to benefit 751,695 students. The Federal funds being obligated at this time for the FWS program operations during the Award Period 2000-2001 are $923,076,784.

FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY GRANT PROGRAM


Under the FSEOG Program, funds will provide 75 percent of the grants ranging up to a maximum of $4,000 for each academic year of undergraduate study awarded by participating institutions of postsecondary education to students who are eligible for the program. The institution provides the remaining 25 percent. This schedule contains approval of a total of 3,699 institutional recipients that are estimated to benefit 836,373 students. The Federal funds being obligated at this time for the FSEOG program operations during the Award Period 2000-2001 are $614,716,762.

FEDERAL PERKINS LOAN PROGRAM


Under the Federal Perkins Loan Program, institutions make low interest loans to needy enrolled students. Federal funds will provide 75 percent of the new capital contributions to an institution’s Federal Perkins Loan Program Fund and an institutional contribution will provide the remaining 25 percent. This schedule contains approval of a total of 1,907 institutional Federal Perkins Loan authorizations which are estimated to benefit 897,074 students. The total Federal funds being obligated at this time for the Federal Perkins Loan program operations during the Award Period 2000-2001 are $99,188,280. An institution in this report with an authorized Federal Perkins Loan Level of Expenditures, but no Federal Perkins Loan Federal funds, is authorized to use cash in its Fund from borrower repayments and other resources up to the amount shown.

Further information about these awards may be obtained from Ms. JoAnn Pease, Campus-Based Operations, Schools Channel, Student Financial Assistance Programs, Department of Education, Telephone: Area Code (202) 708-9797.