Publication Date: June 8, 2005
Author: Jennifer Douglas, General Manager, Student Aid Awareness and Applicant Products and Services
Summary: Updated Draft of 2006-2007 FAFSA available for Comment
Posted on 06-08-2005
The colors of the FAFSA for 2006-2007 are blue (PANTONE 277 CVU) and purple (PANTONE 263 CVU).
Below are some key changes made from the previous draft FAFSA posting:
- Restored the Applying by Deadlines language to match the 2005-2006 FAFSA.
- Added a phrase "If you are supposed to file a tax return" instead of "If you are required to file a tax return" as proposed in the first draft.
- Added a phrase "fill out the FAFSA as best you can" to the Unusual Circumstances paragraph.
- Changed the time to receive results of the application from four weeks to three weeks.
- Revised the deadline date information for Alaska and Minnesota.
- Changed "Alien Registration Receipt Card" to "Permanent Resident Card."
- Substituted the student aid information telephone number for the Web address as a resource for information on college savings plans.
- Added "Month" and "Year" labels to questions requesting dates in this format.
- Removed "required to file" from questions about students' and parents' filing status.
- Divided the question on "are parents deceased" and "ward of the court" more clearly into two parts.
- Added "Enter that number here" instructions for household size and number in college.
- Added a reference to "tax returns filed or required to file" to the certification statement.
- Added instructions on reporting combat pay as earned income and as untaxed income in Worksheet B.
- Removed "voluntary" preceding the words "payments to tax-deferred pension and savings plans."