Publication Date: October 28, 2005
Author: G. Kay Jacks, General Manager, FSA Application, School Eligibility and Delivery Services
Summary: Unavailability of Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) Enrollment Site on November 5 and 6, 2005
Posted on 10-28-2005Federal Student Aid and CPS/SAIG Technical Support would like to announce that the SAIG Enrollment site (fsawebenroll.ed.gov) will be unavailable from 8:00 a.m. Central Time on Saturday, November 5, 2005 until 11:00 p.m. Central Time on Sunday, November 6, 2005, so we can implement the annual system updates.
Some of these enhancements include:
* Functionality that will enable users to enroll for the 2006-2007 processing cycle.
* A redesigned menu page for initial enrollees.
* New functionality that will allow only an organization's Primary TG Number to add Destination Points/TG Numbers. The Primary TG Number is defined as the first TG number that was created for an organization. It is not necessarily the TG number that the organization uses to send and receive files. To find the Primary TG Number for your organization, log in to the "Review Your Organization's Mailboxes" feature on the SAIG Enrollment site.
* A new Destination Point Administrator (DPA) Like Rights flag has been added to the FAA Online Services area. This flag will appear next to the name of those FAA Users at your organization that have the same access rights as the DPA.
Note: Please be aware that if you have any unfinished transactions saved on the SAIG Enrollment site, you must retrieve the information by 7:59 a.m. Central Time on Saturday, November 5, 2005. Otherwise, your saved information will be removed to avoid any compatibility problems with the new functionality. Listed below are instructions for retrieving any saved data you may have in the SAIG Enrollment database:
1. Click the Restore Saved Enrollment link on the SAIG Enrollment site home page.
2. Enter the correct Social Security Number, the date of birth, and the password assigned to this transaction when it was saved.
3. Click the Restore tab.
If you have any questions
or concerns, please contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TYY
800/815-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.
CPS/SAIG Technical Support apologizes for any inconvenience.