Publication Date: November 25, 2005
Author: G. Kay Jacks, General Manager, FSA Application, School Eligibility and Delivery Services
Summary: Availability of the 2006-2007 SAR Comment Codes and Text Guide
Posted on 11-25-2005
The Department of Education is pleased to announce the posting of the 2006-2007 SAR Comment Codes and Text reference guide on the Department's Federal Student Aid Download (FSAdownload) Web site, located at http://fsadownload.ed.gov, and on the Department's Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site, located at http://ifap.ed.gov.
The reference guide is designed as a stand-alone guide as well as a companion to the 2006-2007 EDE Technical Reference. It includes the 2006-2007 Student Aid Report (SAR) Comment Text and the 2006-2007 SAR Acknowledgement Comment Text.
NOTE: The Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) now uses the same set of comment text as the paper SAR. A separate set of comment text specific to transactions originating from a Web application or correction will continue to be maintained.
To view, print, or download the 2006-2007 SAR Comment Codes and Text reference guide from FSAdownload:
1) Go to http://fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click the "Technical References and Guides" link.
3) Scroll down to "SAR Comment Codes and Text" and click the "2006-2007" link.
4) To view or print the document, click the "PDF Format" link.
5) To save the document, click with your right mouse button on the "PDF Format" link and a pop-up menu will appear. Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu, and then browse to the folder where you want to save the file.
6) Once you have saved the file, use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the document.
The 2006-2007 SAR Comment Codes and Text reference guide has also been posted on the IFAP Web site:
1) Go to http://ifap.ed.gov.
2) Under the "On-Line References" heading, click the "Application Processing Materials" link.
3) Click the "2006-2007 Award Year" link.
4) Click the "2006-2007 SAR Comment Codes and Text reference guide" link.
5) Click the "2006-2007 SAR Comment Codes and Text reference guide in PDF Format" link to view the document, or right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As " or "Save Link As " from the pop-up menu to save the document to your hard drive.
If you have any questions, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.