Publication Date: December 20, 2005
Author: G. Kay Jacks, General Manager, FSA Application, School Eligibility and Delivery Services
Summary: Availability of 2006-2007 EFC Formula Guide
Posted on 12-20-2005
The U.S. Department of
Education is pleased to announce the posting of the 2006-2007 EFC Formula Guide,
which includes Expected Family Contribution (EFC) worksheets and tables for
the 2006-2007 processing cycle. The guide is available in PDF format on the
Department's Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site, located
The worksheets and tables
in this guide can be used to calculate an estimated EFC for students. The methodology
for determining the EFC is found in Part F of Title IV of the Higher Education
Act of 1965, as amended (HEA). To view, print, or download the 2006-2007 EFC
Formula Guide from IFAP:
1) Go to http://ifap.ed.gov.
2) Under "Worksheets, Schedules, & Tables" on the right lower side of the home page, click the "EFC Formula Worksheets and Tables" link.
3) Click the "By 2006-2007 Award Year" link.
4) On the following page, click on "EFC Formula Worksheets and Tables" link.
5) To view or print the document, click the "PDF Format" link.
6) To save the document, click with your right mouse button on the "PDF Format" link and a pop-up menu appears. Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu, and then browse to the folder where you want to save the file.
7) Once you have saved the file, use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the document.
If you have any questions regarding this message, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806), or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.