Summary: EDExpress Version 4.3 issues
Author: CPS - Central Processing System (CPS)
Posted October 16, 1998
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: EDExpress Version 4.3 issues
Several issues have been discovered in 1998-1999 EDExpress Version 4.3. These issues affect Application Processing functionality and, in one case, the Direct Loan module:
1) When exporting ISIR corrections, a dialog box confirming the social security number selected will display twice for each record being exported. If you click through these dialog boxes the export will proceed and complete correctly.
2) When exporting assumption or reject override flags on an ISIR correction record, the software is also including an internal ISIR field number in the correction record, which will cause the correction record to be rejected by the CPS.
3) When printing multiple ISIRs, the FAA information, student/parent asset information, and comment codes/page will carry from the first ISIR printed to all subsequent ISIRs in that print job.
4) When printing ISIR records in single or multiple mode, some individual student records are printing more than once.
5) Page numbering is not working properly when printing ISIRs with more than two pages.
6) On the LOC loan detail export screen, the combo box listing end dates is missing the dates of 10/98 through 9/99.
If you have already installed Version 4.3 and your processing will be affected by any of the issues listed above, we recommend you downgrade to EDExpress Version 4.2. If you are only using EDExpress for Direct Loan or Packaging purposes, you do not need to downgrade to Version 4.2.
Schools with EDExpress Version 4.3 loaded on a standalone PC can do an upgrade install of Version 4.2. Schools with EDExpress Version 4.3 loaded on a network can do full workstation installs of Version 4.2. We advise you to do this on all workstations --- do not leave Version 4.3 installed on any workstations if you plan to downgrade to Version 4.2.
We are developing a new Version of EDExpress (Version 4.4) to resolve these issues, and anticipate distribution will begin October 22, 1998. When you receive the new version you can upgrade to Version 4.4 from either Version 4.2 or Version 4.3.
We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 1-800-330-5947, option 8, or via e-mail at CPS@NCS.COM.