Federal Student Aid - IFAP
   
PublicationDate: 4/21/99
Summary: Notification of Campus-Based Final Funding for 1999-2000 P.L. 89-329 The Higher Education Act of 1965, as Amended
Author: AFMS - Accounting and Financial Management Service

Al-ia.pdf  PDF  ks-ny.pdf  PDF  nc-vi.pdf  PDF
Posted on April 21, 1999

To: All Campus-Based Users
FROM :CPS Customer Service
RE: Notification of Campus-Based Final Funding for 1999-2000
P.L. 89-329 The Higher Education Act of 1965, as Amended

Attached is the Notification of Campus-Based Final Funding for the 1999-2000 Award Year. This Notification, because of its size, has been broken into three separate files for easier use by our customers. The first file contains the states of Alabama through Iowa. The second file contains the states of Kansas through New York; and the third file contains the states of North Carolina through the Virgin Islands.

The awards to institutions listed on the following pages have been approved for the Federal Work-Study (FWS), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Federal Perkins Loan Programs, authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, for the period of July 1, 1999 through June 30, 2000.

FEDERAL WORK- STUDY

Federal funds will provide 75 percent of student payrolls, and matching college, university or off-campus agency contribution will generally provide the remaining 25 percent, except the Federal share of earned compensation for employment in private sector for profit jobs may not exceed 50 percent. The schedule contains approval of a total of 3, 255 institutional recipients, which are estimated to benefit 706,563 students. The Federal funds being obligated at this time for the FWS program operations during the Award Period 1999-2000 are $839,399,253.

FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY GRANT

Federal Funds will provide 75 percent of the grants ranging up to a maximum of $4,000 for each academic year of undergraduate study awarded by participating institutions of postsecondary education to students who are eligible for the program. The institutions provides the remaining 25 percent. This schedule contains approval of a total of 3, 642 institutional recipients that are estimated to benefit 853,975 students. The Federal funds being obligated at this time for the FSEOG program operations during the Award Period 1999-2000 are $608,903,396.

FEDERAL PERKINS LOAN

Federal Funds will provide 75 percent of the New Capital Contributions to an institution’s Federal Perkins Loan Program Fund and an institutional contribution will provide the remaining 25 percent. The schedule contains approval of a total of 1, 904 institutional Federal Perkins Loan authorizations which are estimated to benefit 736,852 students. The total Federal funds being obligated at this time for the Federal Perkins Loan program operations during the Award Period 1999-2000 are $99,356,633. An institution in this report with an authorized Federal Perkins Loan Level of Expenditures, but no Federal Perkins Loans Federal funds, is authorized to use cash in its Fund from borrower repayments and other resources up to the amount shown.

Further information about these awards may be obtained from Ms. JoAnn Pease, Campus-Based Financial Operations Branch, Institutional Financial Management Division, Student Financial Assistance Programs, Department of Education, Telephone:Area Code (202)708-9797.

[[This file contains the Notification of Campus-Based Final Funding for the 1999-2000 Award Year for the states of Alabama through Iowa in Portable Document Format (PDF). It can be viewed with version 3.0 or greater of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.]]

[[This file contains the Notification of Campus-Based Final Funding for the 1999-2000 Award Year for the states of Kansas through New York in Portable Document Format (PDF). It can be viewed with version 3.0 or greater of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.]]

[[This file contains the Notification of Campus-Based Final Funding for the 1999-2000 Award Year for the states of North Carolina through the Virgin Islands in Portable Document Format (PDF). It can be viewed with version 3.0 or greater of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.]]