Summary: Items posted to IFAP during the week of June 21, 1999
Author: CSB - SFA Customer Support Branch
June 21 - June 25, 1999. IFAP Postings. The Customer Support Branch (CSB) posted the following Documents/Letters/Regulations/Announcements to the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) web page:
- June 25, 1999: Update on the Recipient and Financial Management System (RFMS)
- June 25, 1999: 1999 Electronic Access Conferences
- June 25, 1999: New ED Projects Promote Distance Learning for College
- June 23, 1999: Revised 1999-2000 Financial Aid Transcript (FAT) Batch Record Layout
- June 22, 1999: Creating Pell Origination Records in EDExpress
- June 22, 1999: 1998-99 Cycle Submission Deadlines
- June 21, 1999: SFATECH available for all systems
- June 21, 1999: Deadline for Converting to EDconn32 Extended
- June 21, 1999: Items posted to IFAP during the week of June 14, 1999
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTERS:
-June 1999: GEN-99-19: This letter announces a conference for Third Party Services and Software Providers sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education August 26-27 in Arlington, Virginia.
-June 1999: GEN-99-18: This letter provides advance information for schools on the changes we have made to the process for requesting electronic and/or printed Renewal Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (Renewal FAFSA) for the 2000-2001 processing cycle.
-June 1999: GEN-99-17: Interested in saving your students time and money? Have you heard your students gripe about not knowing who holds their loans, how much they owe or who to call for help? Let Direct Loan Consolidation be a tool for you to help your students!
-June 1999: CB-99-09: This letter accompanies the 1997-98 Federal Perkins Loan Service Cancellations Payment Letter
DIRECT LOAN BULLETINS:
-June 1999: DLB 99-41: Interest rates for Direct Loan Program Loans for the Period July 1, 1999 through June 30, 2000
-June 1999: DLB 99-40: Cash balances for Direct Loans in GAPS vs. Loan Origination Center
-June 1999: DLB 99-39: Meeting Our Promise -- Procedures on Processing the Reduced Loan Origination Fee
-June 1999: DLB 99-38: Updated Income Percentage Factors Chart and HHS Poverty Guidelines
-June 1999: DLB 99-37: Direct Consolidation Loan Notice to be Posted on IFAP
-June 22, 1999: Notice - Federal Perkins, Federal Work Study, Supplemental
Opportunity Grant Programs. Proposed information collection request.
IPOS PROGRAM REVIEW GUIDANCE
June 1999 Update to Memo Number: I92-3: Method of Calculating the Actual Loss to the Department for Ineligible Stafford and SLS Loans (worksheet updated)