You are seeing this message because your browser does not support JavaScript or you have JavaScript disbaled. The 'jquery.js' script file referenced is a fast and concise JavaScript Library that simplifies HTML document traversing and event handling.

Help - Contact Information

Have a question about Title IV federal student aid or one of the services the Department of Education provides? Contact one of our Customer Service Centers or Federal Student Aid Offices.

Total and Permanent Disability Discharge and Veterans Disability Discharge

The U.S. Department of Education (the Department) has one contact point, the Nelnet Total and Permanent Disability Servicer, for loan holders seeking assistance with all total and permanent disability (TPD) discharge questions.

Phone: 888/303-7818

Fax: 303/696-5250



Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (ET), Monday through Friday. 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (ET), Saturday.

Mailing Address:

U.S. Department of Education
P.O. Box 87130
Lincoln, NE 68501

For overnight delivery:

U.S. Department of Education
121 South 13th Street, Suite 201
Lincoln, NE 68508

Plugins & ViewersPlugins & Viewers
Questions/Comments about this page?Questions/Comments
about this page?

Skip Navigation

End of Page